Register or LogIn to View Purches
About this Tour
The knight’s halls are vaulted halls of the original structure of the medieval Hospitallers in the 13th century. The halls accessible today, some of which have been preserved over three floors, are those that survived the destruction in 1291 and the subsequent decay and were excavated and uncovered from the 1950s. The crypt of the former Johanniterkirche St. Johannis Baptistae, part of the exhibition rooms from the beginning, in the southern part of the Kommende is accessible through a 60 meter long corridor below today’s street level as part of the knight’s halls.